Copy editing services
When you contact me about editing your book, I will review a sample of your work before I begin (usually two or three chapters) and if your book is ready for the editing process, this is what I do.
I routinely edit for
- other mechanics of style
- internal consistency of mechanics and facts
- meaning, and clarify if necessary
- jargon, and eliminate if necessary
- language use, and polish if necessary
I can also edit for
- reading level
if requested, depending on your intended market for your book.
Once your book has been edited, I can proofread your manuscript, which is the final step before the publication process.
I routinely proofread for
- adherence to design
- minor mechanical errors in copy, such as spelling mistakes or small deviations from the style sheet
- checking page breaks
- inserting or checking page numbers to contents and page references